compensation: $13-16 DOE employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for a personal assistant / household assistant / admin & marketing assistant who is energetic and great with details for an average of 15-20 hours per week. Depending on skillsets of the applicant, this could turn into a full-time position almost immediately. We are looking for someone to help with a mix of household activities and errands, as well as a number of business activities depending on your experience. Opportunities for more hours and increased pay over time.
Hourly Rate $13 - $16 per hour depending on experience. You MUST have a reliable car, and ideally would live close by (within 10-15 minutes of the La Jolla area). The perfect candidate is reliable, efficient, resourceful and energetic.
Located near La Jolla Village/Shores. We run an online business from home in the health and wellness industry, and need more time in the day, so the primary duty is to take basics off our plate such as groceries, errands, laundry, food prep (cooking is a bonus!), and more. On the business side of things, the other main responsibility is sending and tracking packages - we send out anywhere from 20-100+ packages from our house weekly. Other office items include email management, making travel reservations, and general admin work.
We also would love someone who is talented in multiple areas and also able to grow as our needs grow. Those ideal areas include office administration, bookkeeping, customer service, marketing assistance and social media moderation. The more of these skills you have, the more likely we are to choose you, and create a position closer to full-time.
- Domestic: Grocery shopping, food prep (e.g chopping veggies) errands, light tidying, laundry/dry cleaning
- Office Admin: Preparing and mailing packages, preparing product samples, filing, general organization. Also depending on your experience and skillsets, possibly: event and travel planning, basic bookkeeping, basic project management, marketing tasks, inbox management, customer service, social media management, etc.
The candidate, must have, at a minimum:
- Availability a minimum of 3 days per week for anywhere 2-5 hours per day.
- Have a flexible schedule.
- Must be extremely organized and follow up proactively. The ideal candidate will anticipate our needs, rather than us assigning each task every day.
- Must be outgoing and well spoken. Ability to effectively communicate verbally via phone calls and email.
- Must be very detail oriented, have the ability to organize and keep track of assigned tasks
- Strong basic computer and internet skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Drive, Facebook, etc.
- A working car, and the ability to run errands quickly
- The ability to carry groceries, laundry, boxes of packages, etc.
- Know their way around a kitchen to be able to complete some basic food prep (with instructions provided. Things like chopping vegetables, baking sweet potatoes, chicken, roasted veggies, etc. - things we can easily heat up or add to other dishes).
When you contact us, please include:
- An up to date resume
- A short written description of yourself and why you think you would be a good fit (A cover letter, or just a brief email is fine)
- Please list ALL of the skills you have experience in (out of the ones we listed above) within your cover letter
- Please tell me your favorite thing to cook for yourself :)
If you are someone who personally prioritizes their own health and would fit well into the health-focus of our business, we'd love to hear about it. We are looking for someone that can ideally meet us for an in-person interview within the next couple days and start by next week.
This is a contract position and you will be provided with a 1099 at the end of the year.
Alex & Mariza
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers