Downtown San Diego Personal Injury Law Firm is seeking candidates with 3-7 years experience to fill a Paralegal position.
We are looking for someone to join our team that has experience with a firm that is heavy on litigation and that has experience with personal injury. The perfect person who would fit our team would be extremely self-sufficient, motivated, able to draft pleadings and discovery for attorneys, draft demand letters, know the ins and outs of preparing for trial, and be a pleasant person to be around.
• Excellent grammatical and spelling skills
• Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Adobe Acrobat Pro, WestLaw, Drop box, and LexisNexis
• Knowledge of calendaring and deadlines (motions, subpoenas, trial deadlines, etc.)
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
• Able to manage priorities and workflow
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
• Attention to detail
• Knowledge of court deadlines
• Compose, drafts, and edits documents in accordance with the Firm's standards
• Prepare drafts of pleadings
• Prepare drafts of discovery requests and responses
• Prepare demand letters
• Coordinate with the court for setting a variety of different hearings
• Maintain records logs, including by monitoring informal discovery, document productions and requests
• Organize and prepare exhibits for correspondence and filings
• Assist with document review/summarization
• Prepare attorneys for conferences, depositions, hearings, and mediation
• Manage scheduling and the attorneys’ calendars
• Trial preparation
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your resume, your LinkedIn profile (if you have one), salary requirements, and why you think you’d be a good fit for this job to the email associated with this posting.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers