compensation: We will pay a very competitive salary and benefits depending on person and experience. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
PARALEGAL/LEGAL ASSISTANT/LEGAL SECRETARY-FULL TIME
Highly rated, quality San Diego based Securities/Business Litigation boutique firm (14 lawyers) with national practice seeks an experienced and intelligent paralegal/legal assistant. The ideal candidate should have the following requirements and experience:
- Certified Paralegal Certificate;
- Minimum 3-4 years litigation experience in CA State and Federal courts;
- Federal and state court/ arbitration filings and procedures (FINRA experience a plus);
- Document review, Bates labeling, and production;
- Computerized legal research; ability to perform public searches on companies and individuals to obtain litigation, bankruptcy, asset, judgment, and lien information;
- Research procedural and legal issues and prepare memoranda for attorneys and clients;
- Formation of entities (corporations, LLCs, etc.) nationwide;
- Proof-read and legal citations using The Bluebook standard;
- Ability to create tables (TOC, TOA)
- Excellent computer skills. Proven ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.;
- Ability to manage multiple calendars and calendar court deadlines with calendaring software;
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent organization, written, and verbal skills and follow up on all
- Must be a team player and self-starter.
Very pleasant, collegial and respectful working environment. We are a high quality, low volume practice, unlike many other firms. We have fewer cases but need someone who is detail oriented and enjoys doing top quality work. Sophisticated practice. Substantial client contact. Opportunity to work with great people and have a good quality of life. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including full health; profit sharing plan; 401K; generous vacation/sick days. We are looking for a team player who wants a pleasant firm and team to work with.
Email cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, in PDF format only, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please!
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers