compensation: commensurate with experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Legal Secretary/Paralegal for San Diego Union-Side Labor Law Firm
San Diego’s premier union-side labor law firm needs a legal secretary/paralegal with 3-5 year’s experience. We represent law enforcement, nurses, public and private sector unions in litgation, arbitration and negotiations.
This is a full-time position with office hours from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. with an hour lunch (37.5 hours per week). Salary is commensurate with experience and the firm offers superior benefits, including fully paid healthcare premiums, life insurance, long-term disability, sick leave, and vacation. After the first year, we contribute an additional 3% of salary into a 401k plan for you.
1. Proofing documents: This requires an excellent command of the English language and an attention to detail.
2. Filing documents with state and federal courts: Key traits would be knowledge of and experience with ECF and the ability to research and comply with local and state rules regarding court filings.
3. Calendaring: Updating, tracking and entering on the calendar (CLIO) the dates for hearings, arbitrations and court appearances. Calendar management requires good organization skills and an attention to detail.
4. Hearing Arrangements: Communication with arbitrators, opposing counsel, court reporters and witnesses regarding pending hearings.
5. Travel Arrangements: Arranging for hotels and transportation for attorneys appearing out of town. This duty involves anticipating the needs of attorneys who travel throughout California, Oregon and Washington.
We believe that our work should bring about a positive change in the lives of those we represent. We create a work environment for staff that is positive, friendly and helpful. We believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. We work in a cubicle-free environment with everyone having his or her own office. We believe that the person ultimately defines the position. If you share these beliefs, and have the experience and skills we need, please apply by sending your résumé and salary requirements to email@example.com Please do not call; we will schedule interviews based on the resumes submitted.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers