compensation: Compensation DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Antonyan Miranda is a family law firm that takes care of our own work family first. Known as the “AM Fam,” our team of attorneys and other professionals are the lifeblood of our firm and our most valuable asset. We ensure that our people are well taken care of – the professional development, health and wellness of each team member is one of Antonyan Miranda’s highest priorities.
Antonyan Miranda, LLP is in need of an experienced Discovery Attorney. We are searching for an organized, detail-oriented, team-oriented, self-starter to join our Discovery department.
The Discovery Attorney will work closely with the Litigation Department and Forensic Accountancy Department, will strategize and analyze, take and defend depositions, and litigate discovery disputes when necessary.
This position is ideal for an experienced family law or civil litigation attorney who is adept at civil discovery and who possesses an inquisitive nature.
Ideal candidate should have the following criteria:
• CFLS preferred
• 5 years experience preferred but not required
• Trial experience
• Family Law experience preferred but not required
• Someone who can read business financial statements, tax returns, etc. and have a thorough understanding of the information presented
• Superior Organizational Skills
• Must be detail orientated, organized with excellent follow through in order to meet multiple deadlines
• Strong time management skills, punctuality and committed to meeting all deadlines
• Able to handle emotional clients with empathy and positivity
• Superior Writing Abilities
• Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Adobe and Outlook
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Must be able to investigate, document and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Must possess the ability to generate trust and build relationships with co-workers.
• Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times to protect the privacy of employees.
• Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
Benefits of Belonging to the AM Fam:
Like any larger law firm, Antonyan Miranda offers medical, 401(k), and other standard benefits (detailed below). However, we recognize how much the AM Fam invests in our clients’ success and in turn, the firm invests in our team and their individual and collective success. From our state-of-the art headquarters in San Diego, we offer free high-level continuing legal education for our attorneys and paralegals, access to resources, and opportunities to attend conferences, seminars, and other educational programming that fosters professional development and growth.
And while our business is very serious, we often take the time to celebrate one another and our professional and personal accomplishments. From our annual Employee Appreciation Day and Managerial Summit, to monthly lunches, happy hours, new “swag” parties, regular receptions and evening mixers, we value the time we get to spend with each other in and out of the office. In furtherance of this objective, we have formed volunteer employee committees such as the AM Social Committee and the AM Community Service Committee.
We prioritize our team’s wellness, offering regular yoga classes at our office, and encouraging our attorneys to spend time out of the office if needed. Antonyan Miranda proudly offers a highly competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package, inclusive of conventional and unconventional law firm benefits and perks such as:
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Dependent coverage, including domestic partners, is available
• Life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
• Health Savings Accounts, with qualifying health plan selection
• 401(k) participation
• Paid parking
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• On-site Yoga, dry cleaning and shoe repair service, and chair massages
• Monthly Lunches and continuing education opportunities.