Mission Valley law firm seeking to hire a Legal Clerk with 1-5 years’ experience. This candidate will have the opportunity to support and engage with Partners, associates, managers, and support staff in our creditors’ rights and remedies firm handling a high volume of collection cases.
QR Code Link to This Post
Essential Job Functions and Qualifications
- Assist attorneys with daily administrative tasks.
- Docket all deadlines.
- Draft pleadings.
- Schedule hearings, conference calls, and other court appearances.
- Proficient in discovery, trial prep, and correspondence.
- Knowledge of local rules relative to filings, service and e-filing is critical.
- Knowledge of civil procedure rules regarding services of subpoenas, pleadings, discovery, motions.
- Knowledge of California Form Pleadings.
- Knowledge of FDCPA and Rosenthal FDCPA a plus.
- Paralegal certificate a plus.
- Ability to handle a busy fast-paced office.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Maintains professional appearance and attitude; maintains good public relations with clients.
- Self-starter that enjoys collaborative environment.
- Interested in learning California Civil Procedure.
Due to the nature of our business, our company conducts investigative reports on all candidates. You must meet the eligibility requirements for access to confidential information. If you are interested, please send resume when replying to the post listed above.