compensation: based on experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Downtown Law Firm seeking for full-time Calendar Secretary
• Create all calendar entries for court proceedings and event dates, deadlines and reminders pertaining to discovery, motion deadlines, depositions, etc. for both our Family and Civil department.
• Communicate effectively with attorneys and paralegal keeping them informed of weekly proceedings and deadlines to ensure they are met in a timely matter.
• Set up depositions, arbitrations, hearings etc. and coordinate with attorney, opposing counsel, court reporter, translator and court clerks as needed.
• Confirm all depositions and hearings the day before. Confirm court reporter and/or translator if one was needed.
• Check the court’s Register of Action for updates on hearings and deadlines.
• Keep track of all relevant information, such as continuances, in accordance with court guidelines.
• Manage incoming and outgoing filings with the court (knowledge in E-filing with One Legal is a plus)
• Most calendaring done through legal calendaring system.
• Prepare hearing binders.
• Special projects and additional duties as assigned.
The right candidate must have excellent communication skills and be very organized. Bilingual is a plus but not required.
Position is fulltime, Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Benefits include, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k and PTO. Salary is based on experience. If interested in applying for this position, please send us your resume and salary requirements. Thank you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers