compensation: To be discussed. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Position Description: Associate Attorney assists on transactional matters by timely completing assigned tasks and manage transactional workflows.
Major Areas of Responsibility: The major areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Managing and completing transactional work projects under the supervision of assigned supervising attorney
• File management where necessary, including management of deadlines and timelines as well as client communications
• Helping to manage legal interns on transactional matters
• Delegating tasks to interns on transactional matters
• Communicating with partners regarding status of transactional matters
• Being a part of the DuFord Law team and conducting yourself as such
Primary Goals/Objectives: The primary goals and objectives of an associate include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develop and manage efficient systems for completion of tasks and projects
• Learn about how to manage transactional cases
• Assist on any transactional cases as necessary
Specific Responsibilities of the Job: The specific responsibilities
• Managing and completing transactional work projects
o Independently drafting documents for partner review, including, but not limited to, contracts, investment documents, trademark applications, responses to USPTO Office Actions, copyright applications, business formation documents and any other necessary business related documents
o Working independently to achieve all necessary steps to complete assigned legal tasks
o Maintaining all necessary deadlines, including personal deadlines, client deadlines, and court/government deadlines
o Effectively communicating with partners regarding the status of projects
• Managing legal interns on transactional related matters
o Acting as a direct point person for legal interns working on transactional related matters.
o Delegating assignments as necessary subject to the approval of supervising attorney
o Overseeing and managing interns' projects to ensure deadlines are met and submission to partner is done in a timely manner
• Communicating with partners regarding status of cases
o Regularly reporting to partners regarding progress of transactional matters.
o Acting as point person between legal interns and partners
• Being a part of the DuFord Law team and family, and conducting yourself as such
o Actively working to support and expand the firm's core values
o Striving to seek ways to change the legal industry
• Experience in business, employment law, or IP internship
• Broad knowledge of civil procedure and business/ employment law
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement workflow procedures
• Experience with project management
• Above average interpersonal skills, including communication skills
• Genuine interest in law firm business development
• Genuine interest in learning about running a transactional practice at a law firm
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Employment under the job described herein is at will. This job description should not be construed in any way to create a contractual relationship.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers