compensation: Pay starts at $18.75, is negotiable and is commensurate with experience employment type: contract telecommuting okay
QR Code Link to This Post
Work from Home / Remote
Pay starts at $18.75, is negotiable and is commensurate with experience
Who this position is for:
• A Paralegal who is currently freelance, independent or works part-time.
• Applicants with a current full-time position may apply, however we conduct new client consultations during business hours.
• Individuals with a minimum of 10 years of legal experience. We do not consider any applicants who have not worked in the legal industry less than 10 years.
• Motivation to work independently as this is a work from home position.
If the above sounds like you, please read on. Do not call or e-mail for additional information. We will not provide further information unless you are selected to interview with us. We receive a high volume of applicants and we cannot respond to each individual.
Please take special note on the "how to apply" section below. We have a rigorous hiring procedure and if our instructions are not followed as specified your application will be deleted as this shows potential candidates lack the required attention to detail.
If you are a tech savvy, motivated self-starter interested in a new and unique concept contributing to the legal practice providing contract remote services to Attorneys throughout California, please read on.
Lawfecta is a start-up company innovating the legal workforce. Lawfecta's team of talented professionals has left behind the daily commute for the advantages of working virtually. For some it's about having a more flexible schedule, being able to work wherever you want, or the variety of working with multiple clients. As a remote worker, you'll play the rewarding role of supporting solopreneurs, small law firms, mid-sized law firms, boutique firms and small business owners with a wide range of tasks, helping them to succeed, and freeing them up to focus on growing their business.
The success of our agency is largely determined by our commitment to hire and develop the very best and brightest, creating a team that provides our clients with the highest quality of work and service. We are driven by our core values: respect, innovation and collaboration. We have the pleasure of working with thoughtful, independent, and inspiring clients every day. Helping them achieve their goals, in some small way, is why we're all here. Every aspect of our company is thoughtfully engineered to help us build the best team in the legal industry you can imagine. Sound appealing? If you have a strong professional background in the legal industry (Paralegals, Assistants, Secretaries, etc), have independent skills, an interest in learning new skills, and a stable home-office environment we'd love to hear from you.
This position is an independent contractor (1099). You will handle whatever areas of law you are knowledgeable, skilled and confident with. You will set your own hours and handle projects as you see fit on your own time schedule. You will work wherever, and whenever you please as long as client projects are being completed. We will match you with attorneys whom need your area of skills. You will have a brief interview with potential clients, and you may accept or reject any potential clients that you are matched with.
We expect the following:
1. Devote time, attention and energy to execute each assigned task/project to the best of your ability and meet project objectives and expectations as well to satisfy the client's needs.
2. Invoice the company with your billable hours every seven (7) days.
3. Maintain any mandatory education credits as regulated by your state.
4. Maintain the necessary equipment and hardware to do your work as needed, including a computer and telephone.
What you will need:
You will need a computer or laptop and smart phone. You must have broadband access to the Internet. We request when making telephone calls, you do so in a quiet location.
How you will make an impact as a Paralegal or Legal Secretary:
• Legal research and analysis, drafting and preparation of documents.
• Exercise your legal skills by preparing court documents such as petitions, complaints, orders, notices, inventories, accounting and reports.
• The work requires contact with clients, banks, government agencies (e.g., Office of the County Recorder, Assessors Office, Court etc.).
What we're looking for in our next Paralegal and Legal Secretary:
• 10+ years of direct experience as a Paralegal or Legal Secretary through all phases, from client intake to filing with court
• Familiarity with court documents and procedures; County/State records research; and Superior Court filings
• Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to work independently
• Must have exceptional oral and writing skills.
• Ability to take ownership of projects, writing, planning and organizing as this is a remote position.
• Attention to detail and accuracy, confidentiality
• Proficient in Microsoft word and excel
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a customer service mindset
We are proud to have an amazing team of talented and skilled virtual professionals, and to partner and support businesses who share our values. If you are passionate about exceeding expectations, and can't wait to make a difference in someone's day, and if you love the idea of joining a company that thrives on excellence and promotes virtual work as the way of the future -- then we want to hear from you!
**All inquiries will be held in strict confidence**
How to Apply:
For consideration, please e-mail the following to email@example.com -
1. Cover letter
3. 3 references, 2 of which MUST be professional references, including their e-mail address.
4. At least 1 writing samples for any area of law you want to work in (if you are a Family Law Paralegal, include a Declaration, Points of Authorities, etc. to show your skill level). This applies to Paralegals only and not Legal Secretaries.
5. Subject line containing which position you are applying for, how many years of experience you have in the legal industry, and which area(s) of law you handle.
Upon being selected for an interview, we will conduct said interview either via phone or via video conferencing. If you are selected to move forward, we will verify references, and conduct a background check.
At Lawfecta we are proud of our reputation for delivering first class on-demand staffing solutions for legal professionals. Our expertise in the legal industry ensures the best service. We combine a passion for client satisfaction and innovation with a collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. We are at the forefront of the issues affecting our clients and are focused on providing groundbreaking, value-driven solutions to enhance their businesses. In today's 24-hour global marketplace, the ability to tackle legal challenges quickly, in locations both far and near, is crucial. We offer challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and a work-life balance. We are an equal opportunity employer.