compensation: negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. Excellent benefits. employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Small, quality, award winning downtown law firm seeks a bright, articulate and organized person to join our team and become our office administrator. We need someone with a good phone voice and professional etiquette; excellent communication, organizational and computer skills. Great opportunity for an experienced administrative assistant or a smart beginner with no legal experience. We will train the right person. Position includes general office/admin duties, light accounting (primarily coordinating with our outside finance professionals) as well as working on long term projects supporting paralegals and attorneys. Position is for immediate hire. Primary report is to our firm's managing partner. We are a low volume, high quality firm with excellent systems and procedures in place.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilize superior phone etiquette when answering and transferring calls; must be able to communicate professionally, effectively and clearly with clients and others.
- Ability to write succinctly and clearly in emails and other communication.
- Must be able to provide excellent customer service when greeting and accommodating clients and visitors while fielding incoming calls of prospective and current clients.
- Self-study and an eagerness to learn and build an understanding of company procedures and protocols, while accordingly updating office manual as needed.
- Reviewing, organizing and filing internal documents; maintenance of both hard copy and electronic filing systems.
- Management and maintenance of client and agent database, office records, and files.
- General clerical duties, including photocopying, faxing, and scanning various documents.
- Maintenance and replenishment of office supply inventories, as well as stationary, equipment, and furniture.
- Handling and distribution of incoming mail, and preparation of outgoing correspondence.
- Organization and maintenance of office common areas.
- Knowledge of legal documents, legal language, and legal process a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc) and Adobe required.
Applicant must have ability to multi-task to achieve multiple goals and work well with a team. Excellent office environment and a competent, friendly team. Excellent working environment and benefits. Hourly salary is negotiable. Hours M-F, 8:45 am to 5:15 pm. Parking provided. Excellent benefits including full health insurance; 401K with employer matching; paid time off plus sick days. We are looking for one sharp person to join our team.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements by PDF only to email@example.com.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers