compensation: Starting at $20/hour (or more commensurate w/ experience) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Sargent Law Firm is a growing personal injury law firm with offices in Oceanside, Temecula, Escondido and Idaho. Our office environment is friendly, but fast-paced and busy.
Sargent Law Firm is seeking to add a full-time case manager in our Oceanside office to our team. Candidates should have at least 2 years case manager/paralegal experience working on personal injury cases. Our team members are committed to each other, the best interests of the clients and the growth of the firm.
– Open new files
– Obtain traffic-collision reports, wage loss records, insurance information and other evidence
– Communicate extensively with clients and the attorneys
– Communicate with insurance companies and lien holders
– Locate and retrieve medical bills/records and other case related records
– Assist with coordination of medical treatment with clients
– Assist in preparation of settlement demands
– Draft pleadings, summarize records, respond to and propound discovery
– Maintain a litigation calendar and schedule new court dates
– Conduct lien negotiations
– Assist with answering phone calls
– Prior legal experience (personal injury required)
– Ability to work 40 hours per week (8am - 5pm), Monday through Friday
– Ability to order, read and understand medical records and bills
– Understand the difference between lien negotiations for ambulance companies, collection agencies, hospitals, chiropractors and orthopedic doctors
– Familiarity with the Hospital Lien Act
– Familiarity with submitting claims with medi-cal, medicare and other healthcare insurance companies
– Maintain a positive attitude and work well with others
– Be reliable and punctual
– Demonstrate exceptional communication skills
– Empathetic and compassionate to our clients
– Strong multitasking and organizational skills
– Ability to independently manage time effectively to meet deadlines
– Ability to work within a paperless environment
– Be flexible and willing to branch out to take on new tasks as they arise
– Be self-motivated, intellectually curious and possess a strong work ethic
– Proficient in typing
– High school degree (required)
– Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
– English (required)
– Bi-lingual in Spanish & English (preferred)
A resume and cover letter should be sent for our review. In your cover letter, please tell us your wage/salary requirement and why you think you’d be a good fit for this job.
Applicants should NOT call the office or appear in person. Interviews will be scheduled after review of credentials.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers