Litigation Attorney (Personal Injury Law Firm) (Oceanside)
compensation: Starting at $65,000/year (or more depending on experience) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Sargent Law Firm is a growing personal injury law firm with offices in Oceanside, Temecula, Escondido, and Idaho. Our office environment is friendly, but fast-paced and busy.
Sargent Law Firm is seeking to add a few A+ players to our team in our Oceanside office. The right candidate must be a team-player, have excellent work ethics and want to grow with our firm. Additionally, you must want to be in the courtroom and have the ability to think critically, speak and write persuasively and possess a strong drive to succeed. Our team members are committed to each other and the growth of the firm.
You will earn a base salary of $65,000/year (or more depending upon your experience). You will also earn an additional referral fee bonus equal to ⅓ of the net attorney fees for any new client matter you personally bring into the Firm, in accordance with State Bar rules. We also will be offering vacation.
- Maintain case files
- Draft pleadings, motions and all court-related documents
- Manage all aspects of discovery and ensure that deadlines are met
- Attend mediations, depositions, court appearances and trial
- Conduct effective legal research
- Identify and evaluate potential claims to raise
- Negotiate settlements with insurance companies
- Knowledge calculating damages, including lost wages, property damage and medical expenses
- Prepare demand packages to send to insurance companies
- Educate clients about their case and provide regular updates
- Handle large volume of personal injury cases
- Previous litigation experience is a must (2 years minimum and having tried a jury trial is preferred)
- 1-2 years of personal injury law experience is preferred
- Graduate of an ABA-accredited law school
- Current member of the California Bar and in good standing
- Have excellent communication skills and enjoy helping people
- Be self-motivated, intellectually curious and possess a strong work ethic
- Enjoy continuous learning in a fast-paced and friendly work environment
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Overall organization and attention to detail are absolutely necessary
- Be comfortable in an all Mac environment
A resume and cover letter outlining your experience and desire to be a litigator and practice personal injury law should be sent for our review.
Applicants should NOT call the office or appear in person. Interviews will be scheduled after a review of credentials.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers