compensation: DOE - Salary + Incentive Comp. - See post employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Small, successful and growing plaintiff's employment class action firm seeks an experienced litigation Associate (3+ years). Position offers flexibility on work schedule, possible remote work (must be based in San Diego) and a good work-life balance. The candidate must be comfortable working as part of a small team where the atmosphere is informal, however the work product is expected to be at the highest professional level. Ideally, the candidate will have 3+ years of litigation experience with preference given to candidates with employment and/or class action/PAGA experience.
The firm handles primarily class action and PAGA representative action employment matters on behalf of employees. The Associate will have responsibilities in all-aspects of the litigation process from client intake and case evaluation, case planning, discovery, motion practice - including oral argument, class certification preparation, and trial preparation. The expectation is that the candidate will be self-motivated and capable of handling their own reasonable case load with the assistance of the Partner. The candidate must be able to work as part of a small litigation team, communicate well, and pay close attention to detail. Professional communication skills with clients and opposing counsel are a necessity.
Compensation is negotiable but will be either as a hybrid base salary with percentage-of-recovery incentive compensation or a higher straight salary with discretionary incentive compensation. Health Insurance and 401k plan and profit sharing available.
Please email cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements. This position is not appropriate for new attorneys. No referral services please.
• 30+ hours per week minimum work availability
• Draft pleadings, written discovery and correspondence, motion work; oral argument; deposition experience
• Working closely with paralegal and partner to coordinate litigation strategy
• Formulating discovery plan
• Review and analysis of employee time/pay record, and employer's policies and procedures
• Stay up-to-date on recent employment case law
• Cases are mostly in San Diego, but some occasional travel may be required
• 3+ years experience in civil litigation - employment or class action experience a plus
• California Bar Certification required
• Professional approach when dealing with opposing counsel and clients
• Strong technical skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat
• Ability to work on multiple cases simultaneously, prioritize duties and meet deadlines
• Ability to think and act independently and handle multiple projects
• Must be a team player with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with state/federal civil procedure and rules
• Proactive and highly organized with strong attention to detail
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers