compensation: Depends on Expereince employment type: contract
QR Code Link to This Post
Our confidential client has an open-ended contract position for a highly-skilled and driven Legal Secretary who is eager to start immediately. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to take the next step in your career and become a part of a dynamic, growing firm. If you love multi-tasking and have a real passion for the legal industry, this may be the job for you.
How you will make an impact as a Legal Secretary
• Provide support for two Attorneys practicing General Civil Litigation (Medical malpractice preferred but not required)
• Maintain and improve calendars and billing sheets
• Schedule client interaction
• Handle assigned files and deliver legal services under attorney supervision
• Assist attorneys in effective and efficient resolution of files
• Apply specialized knowledge of civil procedure
• Communicate effectively and efficiently over the phone with clients
• Transmit legal correspondence to clients
• Complete administrative tasks as necessary
What we're looking for in a Legal Secretary
• Hands-on experience with civil court filing procedures is a must
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel highly desired
• Excellent communication, organization and grammar skills
• Solid knowledge / understanding of local jurisdictional and federal court rules and procedures is necessary
If you are a results-oriented self-starter who is looking to build your career in civil litigation with a growing firm in a dynamic environment, we want to hear from you. Contact Christina.Kettmann@roberthalflegal.com with a word version of your resume to be considered today!
About Robert Half Legal
Located in major North American and global markets, Robert Half Legal is the premier provider of legal staffing and consulting solutions on a full-time, project, and temporary basis, serving both law firms and corporate legal departments. We also provide project and eDiscovery teams and workspace for a wide range of initiatives, including litigation support, mergers and acquisitions and document review matters. Our dedicated teams' industry experience allows us to quickly match skilled legal professionals with the best available jobs. We offer challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and skills-enhancement training.