compensation: $14.50/hr starting, $15/hr in 3 mo, $15.50/hr in 6 mo, negotiable after employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Looking for bilingual, detail-oriented, friendly legal assistant to work in small law office (1-2 people) that provides legal services to disabled clients (social security disability). Option to work 30 or 34 hours/week. Position starts Wednesday, July 25.
• Bilingual -- ability to speak and write in both English and Spanish proficiently.
• Being detail-oriented, organized, dependable, reliable, and timely.
• Handling a fast-paced small work environment with a large clientele.
• Using Microsoft Word and type at least 60 wpm. Ability to use Excel a plus.
• Friendly/professional attitude, patience, and the ability to have positive relationships with our clients.
• Being considerate of people of all backgrounds including race, ethnicity, religion, military background, sexual orientation, gender identity, and culture. This office has a zero tolerance policy for any type or form of discrimination.
• Handling phone calls.
• Handling incoming mail, faxes, emails, other correspondence and documents.
• Scheduling appointments and court hearings.
• Managing our client's cases and files.
• Sending and submitting documents to social security offices and administrative courthouses.
• Data entry and filing.
• Assisting attorney with miscellaneous tasks.
• 30 to 34 hours a week (you pick), Monday through Friday. If you choose to work 30 hrs/week, the schedule is 9 am to 3 pm Mon-Fri (you have the option for lunch break or can waive it). If you choose to work 34 hours a week, the schedule is 9 am to 4:30 pm Mon-Thurs (with lunch break) and Friday 9 am - 3 pm (with option for lunch break).
• Starting pay is $14.50/hr. Pay increases to $15.00/hr by three months of employment. Pay increases to $15.50/hr by six months of employment. Pay is negotiable after.
• PTO one week after working for one full year, for each year.
• 3 paid sick days/year.
About us and the Law Firm:
• The firm consists of one female attorney and one part-time office administrator/legal assistant. We are both pretty laid back with a good sense of humor and a strong work ethic. We work with disabled individuals on getting approved for social security disability benefits. The work is rarely boring and usually rewarding.
***Please send me your resume, reference list with at least 2 people, and cover letter describing why you want this position and how you would be a good fit for this job. Please also state your preferred schedule. Thank you.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers