compensation: Commensurate with Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
For Purpose Law is a firm dedicated to helping inspired entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders and philanthropists to change our world.
That means we do a lot of corporate, tax and estate planning work for our clients - who tend to be social entrepreneurs, nonprofit organizations of all sizes and types, and high net worth founders/executives who wish to dedicate what they've accumulated in their estate to their communities in additional to their families.
We're growing - fast - and we need to add an a new associate to our team. This is an entry-level position with firm, but one that has a great opportunity for growth and increasing responsibility.
We are searching for a talented, hard-working, and passionate attorney who is looking for a long-term opportunity, to become the newest member of our team. We strive to be a firm where you can really make a difference in the world, serving clients who are doing GREAT work, while growing both personally and professionally as a legal professional.
The ideal candidate should be:
• Familiar with corporate law;
• Familiar with nonprofit, exempt entities;
• Familiar with nonprofit and business compliance requirements;
• Unafraid of speaking with clients and the IRS;
• Comfortable working independently, yet enjoy the camaraderie and synergy that can be created working in a fun, exciting, and collaborative office environment.
Education and Experience:
We require this candidate to be a graduate of an ABA accredited law school.
Software and Systems:
Required proficiency: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and experience with any legal case management system.
Valued Proficiency: Experience with Clio and Clio Grow (legal CRM) software.
Hours, Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time entry-level position with a salary commensurate with your level of experience. There is a three-month probationary period, to ensure we are a good fit. We want to make sure that we are a perfect match and that you will be happy and we will be happy working together. After all, life is too short to spend your days working with people you don't enjoy being around.
If we both determine that you are a great fit, then after those 90 days of satisfactory employment, you will become eligible to receive paid time off, health insurance and flexible spending account benefits and participate in our employer sponsored retirement plan (401(k)). We also match our employee's charitable contributions to the nonprofit organizations of their choice, up to $500/year. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that values diversity in our workplace.
We also offer subsidized on-site childcare for all employees.
How to apply:
If you believe your skill-set, education, and experience would be a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
Please follow all of the directions listed, please. Remember - attention to detail is important to us, so we'd encourage you to read all of the instructions. Emails received that do not follow these simple directions will NOT be considered.
1. Send a resume and cover letter BOTH IN PDF FORMAT ONLY to the Craigslist email.
2. The cover letter should include some information about you - your education, your interests, your hobbies, and why this position interests you. In this letter, please (1) include your expected salary; and (2) tell us why YOU are the best person for the job (as described, above) and should be the newest member of our team.
3. Finally, when you respond to this posting please let us know you are interested by indicating that you are applying for the "I wish to change the world as FPLG's newest junior associate" in the subject line of your e-mail. In the body of the email, tell us about one goal that you set for yourself (or that was set for you) that you did not attain, and why you did not attain it.
4. Please no calls. That will automatically kick your application to the bottom of the stack.
Please Note: We will not be able to respond to all candidates. Only those chosen to interview will be notified.
For Purpose Law exists to help inspired entrepreneurs, nonprofit leaders and philanthropists to change our world.
Specifically, we provide full-service legal advice and counsel to nonprofit organizations, businesses and social enterprises including Benefit and Social Purpose Corporations from legal formation through specific entity filing requirements, joint ventures, subsidiary formation, commercial co-ventures, mergers & acquisitions, liability protection, governance, organizational management, and dissolutions. Attorneys practicing as part of our Corporate and Nonprofit Practice Groups represent clients throughout California and the District of Columbia.
You can learn more about the firm, and our practice areas, by visiting our website at www.forpurposelaw.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers