Administrative/Human Resources Assistant
QR Code Link to This Post
Space Micro is a fast-paced satellite product company that is looking for candidates who thrive in an exciting and dynamic environment.
Potential employees should have a mix of technical expertise and experience, and also be strongly motivated to achieve technical success on complex engineering projects. Equally as important at Space Micro is that we are looking for self-starting and self-directed candidates who can take a project or assignment and truly "own" it; they can direct themselves day-to-day and keep moving towards to a solution and/or product. The ability to multitask helps significantly since most employees will have a primary project assignment, but also be asked to consult on and review the work done on other projects at the company.
Space Micro has found that potential employees who are used to the large, multi-layered, slow, tech companies (that generate as much paper as they do products) will not truly be suitable for a career at Space Micro. If you like the idea of working on interesting projects and seeing your work from the early "conceptual" stage through to product delivery, then Space Micro will be an interesting place for you to move forward with your career.
Perform a wide variety of office support tasks within the organization while supporting the employees and supervisors.
Will be assigned various clerical duties such as sorting and sending mail, maintaining the filing system, preparing documents (such as reports and office memos), and making photocopies. Will also be in charge of coordinating the conference room schedules to ensure that there are no duplicate bookings for meetings, and maintain, inventory, and order office supplies and equipment.
Position Requirements and Qualification:
Must at least have a High School diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years of experience as an administrative assistant or in related field.
Experience or education will include intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Excel. Any other software knowledge is also helpful, especially record keeping software, calendar organizational software, Quickbooks or data entry experience.
Must also be experienced in the use of standard office equipment such as scanners, fax machines and photocopiers, as well as proper filing techniques, and basic office management experience.
Must be competent in each of the following categories: written and verbal communications, task prioritization, issue assessment, problem solving, time management and organizational skills. Must be able to change focus from one task to another when necessary, have attention to detail, provide customer service and work well with team members including members from other departments.
Having experience with SBIR’s is not required but is preferred.
• Faxing and scanning documents, as requested by employees
• Ordering lunches or dinners for customer meetings
• Maintenance of conference rooms and kitchen areas
• Office supplies cabinet maintenance
• Travel arrangements as requested
• Send and file Non-disclosure Agreement (NDA) forms
• Fed Exp shipping –only as backup to shipping department
• Audit time cards
• Support maintaining company calendar
• Assisting other employees as requested
• Setting up interviews for potential new hires
• Telephone screening of candidates
• New hire paperwork and on-boarding
• Update employee handbook and policies
• Help facilitate mandatory training for Govt compliance
• Organizing “lunch and learn” with vendors
• Recognitions of holidays and birthdays (e-mails and cards)
• Retention data Table to CEO quarterly
• Organize special events
• Print and provide business cards to employees
• Complete and file Govt survey’s and census
• Coordinate with other departments for administrative purposes
• In charge of document control–obtaining and checking signatures, scanning, filing, etc.
All candidates must be US Persons.
Space Micro is an equal opportunity employer.
Must submit resume as a PDF only.