organización sin ánimo de lucro remuneración: $13.50 + generous benefits such as medical insurance, dental, vision, PTO, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, mileage reimbursement, etc. tipo de empleo: tiempo completo
QR Code Link to This Post
The Arc of San Diego is the largest, most comprehensive provider of services to children and adults with disabilities in San Diego County. We are a diverse team of dedicated individuals who are passionate about empowering those we serve to live the most fulfilling and independent lives possible.
We are looking for an outgoing and energetic professional to join our Independent Living Professional team. You will provide guidance to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities within their daily lives where you would teach consumers skills to be a responsible and independent citizen. You come with a passion for excellence in care-taking, helping others grow, enjoy learning new gainful experiences as well as teaching others, and take pride in being a reliable and relatable member of a team.
We offer a positive, team-oriented work environment with opportunity for professional growth, continuous learning, and the chance to make an impact on someone's life.
This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain valuable career experience in the Health and Social Services field while helping people in a meaningful way.
Sounds like a great fit? We want to hear from you!
To be considered, please apply online at www.arc-sd.com/jobs.
Please see below for the fine-print:
Essential Job Duties:
1. Tailors program to the needs and preferences of the individual consumer in order to assist that person in developing and improving their independent living skills.
2. Provides support in developing parenting skills for individuals with developmental disabilities who have children or dependents.
3. Provides independent living training services to individuals with developmental disabilities in the community.
4. Maintains an acceptable ratio of providing billable service hours to paid time, as defined by the Program Manager.
5. Develops and implements the ISP in cooperation with the individual consumer and other members of that person's treatment team, as appropriate and preferred by the consumer.
6. Assists consumer in accessing appropriate services, including employment services, medical/dental care, housing assistance, legal assistance, food banks, benefit programs (TANF, WIC programs, Social Security/Medi-Cal), and other community programs.
7. When applicable, advocate for individual consumer in interactions with service providers in order to ensure positive outcomes.
8. Maintains professional communication with consumers, Arc coworkers, San Diego Regional Center and other involved agencies.
9. Participates in the San Diego Regional Center IPP process as part of the treatment team.
10. Evaluates progress and ongoing re-assessment of consumer to ensure the Individual Service Plan is effective and appropriate.
11. Schedules and tracks billable activities in the most efficient manner possible.
12. Completes, submits and files all documentation in a timely manner as required.
13. When applicable, provides parenting skills training in order to reduce the chance of child abuse or neglect and support families in their living environments.
14. Demonstrates on a daily bases the organization's Vision, Mission and Core Values.
15. Ensures safety and welfare of staff and consumers and follows adopted procedures to report any incidents, hazards, accidents, or unsafe conditions to his/her immediate supervisor.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with 2 year of hands-on direct care experience with persons with developmental disabilities.
In addition, candidates must have a valid California Driver's license, adequate driving record, and be able to transport consumers in an Arc vehicle.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. The Arc of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the law English Version - Revised November 2009 and EEO is the Law Supplement English Version - Revised September 2015. For Spanish employees and applicants EEO is the Law Spanish Version - Revised November 2009 and EEO is the Law Supplement Spanish Version - Revised September 2015.
Solo empresas. Si eres un intermediario, por favor, no contactes al anunciante.
NO contactarnos por servicios u ofertas no solicitados