Beacon Cloud Solutions, Inc. (BCS) was formed based on the belief an Internet connection and a web browser is all you need to fully run and operate a business. It is our mission and passion to develop and deliver cloud-based solutions that change the way data is processed and how our customer do business. We are a family oriented company and believe that it’s OK to have fun at work. We believe our customers should be able to work from anywhere with an Internet connection and a web browser, so that’s how we operate. Also, we love our customers because they keep us in business, so when they call us we are happy and do everything we can to solve their issue.
Beacon Cloud Solutions, Inc is looking for a Middle Information Security Engineer to join our team of talented individuals. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, upgrading, or monitoring security measures for the protection of computer networks, information, and may ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. You may also be responsible for responding to computer security breaches and viruses.
- Evaluating information to determine compliance with standards.
- Develop computer or information security operational policies or procedures.
- Implement and monitor security measures for computer or information systems, and digital information.
- Test computer system operations to ensure proper functioning.
- Troubleshoot issues with computer applications or systems.
- Knowledge of Remedy in support of ITSM database requests.
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Develop plans to safeguard computer files against accidental or unauthorized modification, destruction, or disclosure and to meet emergency data processing needs.
- Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Monitor use of data files and regulate access to safeguard information in computer files.
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Modify computer security files to incorporate new software, correct errors, or change individual access status.
- Perform risk assessments and execute tests of data processing system to ensure functioning of data processing activities and security measures.
- Confer with users to discuss issues such as computer data access needs, security violations, and programming changes.
- Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
- Coordinate implementation of computer system plan with establishment personnel and outside vendors.
- Document computer security and emergency measures policies, procedures, and tests.
- Maintain permanent fleet cryptologic and carry-on direct support systems required in special land, sea surface and subsurface operations.
- Analyze, define, design, develop, engineer and implement security requirements and solutions for Multilevel Security (MLS) issues.
- Gather and organize technical information about an organization's mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena.
- Perform risk analyses which also includes risk assessment.
- NON-NEGOTIABLE: Current/Active SECRET security clearance required with the ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance
- Certifications: CompTIA Security+ or equivalent required; CCNA, PCNSA, or JNCIP-ENT also preferred.
- Some college education in Information Technology / Cybersecurity related field
- Minimum 3 years of demonstrated information technology / cybersecurity experience
- Experience with, but not limited to, the following: Installation and administration of RHEL and Linux based appliances/systems (e.g. Ubuntu, Kali); 586 a/b wiring standards; HBSS; ACAS; Fleet Readiness Certification Board (FRCB); Splunk; Navy RMF for DoD IT Process; Junos and other networks OS; SharkCage; Networking layers 1 - 4
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance (Employee / Family Plans)
- BCS covers 100% employee and 100% Employee + Family, on qualifying plans
- 401K Retirement Plan with company match
- Employee Purchase Stock Options
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) - manager approvals required
- Personal Internet Reimbursement (up to $50.00 per month)
- Fun Stuff Fund (up to $100.00 per fiscal quarter)
ALL benefits subject to a 90-day new hire evaluation