MTS is looking for a problem solver to become our newest Admin Assistant & Field Inspector for Passenger Facilities! In this role, the Admin Assistant & Field Inspector Passenger Facilities Coordinator will manage state and federal requirements and compliance for MTS’s Bus Rapid Transit facilities. When there is a report of damage, the Admin Assistant & Field Inspector Passenger Facilities Coordinator will coordinate the repair of facilities, review and approve payments, inspect the repairs and analyze data! If you are a solution focused thinker and love working both in the field and in an office environment, please apply for the Admin Assistant & Field Inspector Passenger Facilities Coordinator role today!
The Admin Assistant & Field Inspector Passenger Facilities Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Supervisor of Passenger Facilities with various transit facility maintenance projects, including oversight of maintenance-related activities on Transnet II funded Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) stations and passenger facilities. This position will oversee ongoing landscaping, electrical, graffiti abatement, janitorial and general repair contractors to ensure MTS's passenger facilities remain in a state of good repair and in compliance with all state and federal regulatory requirements. This position will oversee the production and installation of customer display information at BRT stations and stops. Essential duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
What Passenger Facilities Coordinators do:
• Assists in the management of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) maintenance contracts.
• Verifies and documents the quality of all contractor work assignments.
• Assists with the passenger facility portion of MTS's triannual service change activities.
• Provides work orders for station repairs, installations and other related services to contractors.
• Collects and analyzes data relative to bus operations, utilizing both field and office work.
• Coordinates and inspects work conducted by contractors.
• Utilizes unique computer software and programs such as, SAP and CRM.
• Performs final inspection and documentation for all work performed by contractors.
• Responds to customer concerns and requests.
• Receives, reviews, approves and prepares payment vouchers for manager approval.
• Assists in the procurement of capital orders and maintenance contracts.
• Assists in miscellaneous support opportunities and special projects.
• Manages the development of monthly progress reports with respect to contractors, as well as the creation of other statistical data related to operations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
What MTS is looking for:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of or ability to learn MTS policies and regulations, ability to read, understand and apply MTS policies, regulations and union labor contracts; ability to write letters, memoranda and reports using clear, concise and grammatically correct English; ability to speak clearly, distinctly and effectively in person-to-person or small group situations using tact and diplomacy; ability to coordinate and initiate actions necessary to implement decisions and delegate responsibilities to appropriate personnel; ability to establish and maintain priorities in order to complete assignments by deadlines without detailed instructions; skill in verifying the accuracy and completeness of forms and reports; knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to learn and use other software that MTS might have or acquire.
• The successful candidate must be able to fulfill the physical demands of the job such as walking, stooping, sitting, bending, reaching for overhead files and occasional lifting (must be able to lift up to 15 pounds).
• Must be able operate a motor vehicle and to perform tasks involving manual dexterity, such as use of a computer and 10-key.
• Work may at times require more than 8 hours per day or an irregular work week to perform the essential duties of the position.
• Duties will be performed primarily in an office type environment and may require travel to external locations and agencies.
• Possess a bachelor's degree in public administration, transportation planning, urban planning, geography, management, civil engineering or a related field.
• Requisite knowledge, skills and abilities may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• One to two years of full-time professional experience in transit operations is preferred, but not required.
• Must possess and maintain a valid California driver's license.
• Must satisfactorily pass all applicable examinations including, but not limited to, a pre-employment physical, driving record check and background check.
San Diego Metropolitan Transit System
Have you seen us around town? We are the Buses and Trolleys - and so much more! MTS is the largest provider of public transportation in the world's Finest City, San Diego! And, we are committed to providing exceptional service to San Diego County's fine people!
MTS is always growing and advancing! We recently started testing a ZERO-EMISSION bus program and are in the process of growing our Trolley line with the Mid-Cost extension (from down-town San Diego to UTC)! MTS is commonly a national leader in safety, training and we drive innovation!
MTS makes a real difference in the world. Our natural gas and electric buses make MTS one of the greenest companies in San Diego! Access to Public Transit reduces emissions and annoying traffic! Many San Diego community members depend on public transit to get to work, school, the doctor and live their lives! We connect people and places!
Do you DRIVE innovation? Are you ready to make a REAL difference in the world? Every position at MTS contributes to the ultimate goal of improving access, service and the environment through public transit. No matter if you are a Finance professional, an IT Wizard or an expert Driver, MTS likely has a dream job for you!
Check out all of MTS's current job opportunities at: www.sdmts.com/jobs
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities