Are you excited that nutritious pizza is coming to San Diego? Are you passionate about your personal health and wellbeing? Are you happy when you make other people smile? Are you open to growing your business acumen and restaurant/service industry skills? Are you someone who wants a job where you are given responsibility and your opinion matters? Are you someone who thrives in a team of high-achievers?
QR Code Link to This Post
We are a creative and unique pizza place about to open our doors in PB! We believe eating well can be more than a green salad and green juice that's x-, y- and z-free. That's why we will be serving high-protein pizzas made with nutritious, high-quality and natural ingredients alongside superfood smoothies and kombucha on tap.
To us at Powerhaus, eating well is about enhancing food to its highest potential. Eating well is about being creative and developing a sustainable diet that our guests crave. At Powerhaus, building a community among our Team Members and our guests is a priority as we all strive to live healthier lives.
POSITION OVERVIEW - LINE COOK / TEAM MEMBER
Team Members at Powerhaus are at the heart of our pizza place - involved with all aspects of making guests happy. As a Team Member, you will:
- Stretch, roll, top, bake, and serve pizzas
- Prep fruits and vegetables and assemble smoothies and smoothie bowls
- Prep and cook pizza toppings and pizza dough
- Use cooking related utensils and operate cooking related equipment, including a dough mixer, pizza spinner, and food processor
- Take guest orders, serve guests, and ensure guest happiness
- Manage prep lists, food inventory and maintain organized ingredients
- Speak to the quality and benefits of our ingredients
- Take responsibility of restaurant cleanliness (including cleaning bathrooms) and allocate time at the beginning and ends of shifts to prepare each day for smooth operations
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Work in a high-paced environment with peak and surge hours and uphold operational efficiency
- Demonstrate professional maturity with and respect for guests, fellow Team Members, and ownership
- Smile and joyfully greet all guests
- Engage with guests and community members to build the Powerhaus brand and develop a loyal and returning customer base
- Market the Powerhaus brand, including handing out flyers, pizzas, and promotional materials outside of the physical store and being included on social media video and pictures
- A people person, a team player, and you genuinely care
- Willing to be a server, dishwasher, prep cook, line cook, and/or bathroom cleaner at all times - a real team player
- Punctual and dependable
- An excellent communicator
- Passionate about healthy food, fitness and/or wellness
- A valid food safety certification
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.A.
- The ability to perform physical requirements of the position (i.e. lift up to 50 lbs, reach shelving 6 feet tall with a stool if needed)
- Prior experience in a culinary and/or food service environment preferred
- A happy, fun, and positive work environment with a supportive team committed to your personal wellbeing and professional growth
- We're a start-up company with big plans - we will provide you with opportunities for leadership, personal growth, and professional development
- Discounted (50%) healthy and delicious on- and off-shift meals
- Tips in addition to $12 hourly pay