Prep/Line Cook & Pastry Cook $15+ per hour (San Diego)
compensation: Competitive hourly rate + Health Benefits employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
LuckyBolt has an opening for a Pastry Cook and Line Cook in our Sorrento Valley kitchen. This is an opportunity to work in a nice, tidy kitchen alongside a fun-loving team with several decades of experience. We're sourcing beautiful ingredients directly from local farmers and making approachable dishes that nourish our customers. LuckyBolt is doing lots of innovative things and adapting in these dynamic times, so there will be opportunities for advancement as you prove yourself as a valuable member of the team.
- Culinary School Graduate or at least two years of experience working in a commercial kitchen.
- You love food and enjoy helping people.
- You can comfortably lift 50 lbs
- Follow detailed recipes, weighing ingredients
- Use professional knife skills to prep fresh ingredients
- Execute items to order (sandwiches, salads, bowls, burritos, etc)
- Prep and stock your station
- Clean your station every day
- Hours: 25 - 30 hrs per week with room to grow
- You must have a valid San Diego Food Handler Card
- FOH or hospitality experience is a plus.
- You must speak English fluently
- PASTRY COOK is responsible for producing LuckyBolt's pastries (cookies, brownies, muffins, biscuits, scones, pies, etc). You'll learn from a formally-trained Master Pastry Chef with several decades of experience.
- PREP/LINE COOK is responsible for prepping ingredients and executing finished dishes (mainly sandwiches, salads, wraps, etc).
- Cook Starts at $15-$16 per hour (DOE)
- Full healthcare benefits including Dental + Vision
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB: *** READ CAREFULLY ***
(YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED.)
Send us an email with the subject header: "[YOUR NAME] can't wait to feed the people!"
We like to get a good sense of who you are, so please tell us a little bit about your background, current work situation, and goals for the future. Paste the content of your resume into the body of the email (no attached Word documents).
If you feel so inclined, you can include a link to your profile on Facebook or other social media platform.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers