Company: Century Design, Inc.
QR Code Link to This Post
Position: Machine Design Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA.
If you are looking for a chance to work for a small company where you actually make a difference and want to be a part of forming the future in the way composite materials and components are manufactured for Aerospace, Sustainable Energy, Lightweight Fuel Efficient Automobiles and High End Sporting Goods, then we are looking for you.
We are an established manufacturer of Advanced Material and Composite Component Processing Machines and are looking for a Design Engineer to help support our continued growth and leading global position
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing new automated processing machines and modifying existing machines using Solidworks.
The successful candidate will be an individual who has machine design experience, with a strong mechanical background, is comfortable in a machine shop, has strong experience using Solidworks to design machine and part details and has a degree in Mechanical Engineering.
• Web conveying and converting equipment, both narrow and wide
• Coating equipment
• Process manufacturing equipment, packaging equipment
• Machine shop and metal fabrication experience
• Assemblies, Parts, weldments, sheet metal and detail drawing
• BOMs, Design Tables, Cut Lists, Custom Properties
• Experience and working knowledge must include mechanical design/detailing, pneumatics, hydraulics, materials, basic electronics as related to machine operation
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Ability to build and test equipment
• Fits and tolerances a must
• Bearing selection and mounting methods a must
• Power Transmission equipment
• Controls and Sensor knowledge
• Weldment design
• Machining knowledge
• ASME Y14.5-94 Drafting Standards
• Ability to check work and be accountable
• Meets with suppliers and studies available literature for new applications
Team and Leadership Skills:
• Works well with others
• Can lead and explain work to detailers or designers
• Good communication skills with Project Engineers and Clients
• Ability to meet schedules, provide work-arounds when needed
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology preferred
• Minimum of 5 years hands on Engineering Design experience with SolidWorks and 2 years' experience specifically with design and fabrication of machinery in a manufacturing environment
• 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
• Paid medical and dental, Paid time off, 401K