Entry Level Mechanical Drafter
QR Code Link to This Post
SeeScan is looking for a full-time entry level Mechanical Drafter to join our Engineering Services team. Your work will be critical in supporting the design and proper manufacturing of our best-in-class plumbing diagnostic and utility locating products. Our ideal candidate is proactive, has a positive attitude, and cares about the details without losing sight of the bigger picture. We are looking for someone who wants to join a company where there is potential for career growth and who enjoys being part of a team.
• Produce drawings with SolidWorks (2018 or newer).
• Dimension mechanical drawings for machine shop fabrication.
• Generate 3D models and assemblies.
• Revise drawings through engineering change order (ECO) processes.
• Work with engineers to complete drawing packages.
• Proficiency with SolidWorks for drafting and 3D modeling. AutoCAD or DraftSight experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of dimensioning and tolerance standards.
• General understanding of machine shop practices.
• General knowledge of finishing processes for metal.
• Basic computer skills, including MS Office (Word and Excel) and Adobe Acrobat.
• Good verbal and written communication skills, and a willingness to ask questions.
• Strong time management skills while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
• Organized and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
• Ability to work well both independently and with others.
Education and Experience
• 2-year technical degree in Mechanical Drafting or related field preferred.
• 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
If this application is of interest, please apply online at https://careers.seescan.com/. In your application, please include your resume and a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for this position. We are looking for a long-term, in-house teammate to join us, not a contractor or consultant.
Modern life depends on the infrastructure that brings water, wastewater, electricity, gas, and communications to our homes and businesses. SeeScan’s mission is to deliver best-of-class products that protect these vital services. We are an original equipment manufacturer in San Diego, CA that builds diagnostic and utility locating equipment from the ground up, from initial product conception to prototyping, testing, and final assembly.
At SeeScan, you’ll be part of a group of people who bring passion and energy into everything they do. We value the individual contributions all of our employees make, and invest in the tools and training they need to find success and professional growth. We do our best to empower the right people to take on new opportunities, and our culture promotes transparency, integrity, and continuous learning.
Visit us at www.SeeScan.com to learn more about why SeeScan is a great place to work!
• No recruiters, contractors, or consultants, please.
• No relocation assistance or visa sponsorships available for this position.
• SeeScan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.