compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Western Fire Protection, Inc. is a fire sprinkler contracting company located in San Diego and has been in operation since 1989. We specialize in the design, installation, service and inspection of automatic fire sprinkler systems in many applications, specifically multi-family residential, large warehouses and distribution centers, industrial buildings, medical facilities, education facilities and all types of commercial buildings. Our area of work includes Southern California and other Western States.
Eligible for medical & dental insurance coverage on the first day of the month after the first 90 days of full time employment. Eligible for 401k benefits after the first year of full time employment and must be 21 years of age.
This job is an entry level, full-time position. Details of this position include preparation of preliminary layout drawings using latest version of AutoCAD in order to assist designers in completion of projects. Must be able to complete entry-level design layouts for tenant improvements and prepare material take-off for fabrication. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Request and obtain required information from General Contractors, Engineers and City Agencies in order to begin initial layout of shop drawings
• Ensure all construction drawings and documentation is the latest "For Construction" information on the project
• Request and obtain all site / civil information, roof framing drawings and details required for fire system design
• Request AutoCAD files from architects and engineers as needed
• Request, follow-up, obtain and confirm City Water Flow information for the project
• Work under the direct supervision of Project Designers to prepare shop drawings as directed
• Assist in tracking submittals to designated jurisdictions
• Maintain organized project files for current work as well as for archive purposes
• Deliver and collect project submittals from appropriate city and county jurisdictions
• Knowledge of Construction Drawings
• Proficiency in latest version of AutoCAD
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 2016
• Clean Driving Record
* High School Diploma
* Pursuing AA or AS Degree
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers