compensation: $18 per hour employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Customer Support and Software Testing
• Work in a fast-paced, creative environment
• 20 hours per week of software support
• 5 or more hours per week of software testing
• Up to 5 hours per week of other tasks
• We will train the right candidate without experience
• Answer client inquiries and provide support via phone, chat, email and support tickets.
• Manage all support requests and ensure timely responses.
• Become knowledgeable about our software and answer questions about features and capabilities.
• Provide guidance for users who may not be tech savvy.
• Conduct remote software installation and basic troubleshooting for issues with network installation.
• Document contact with clients and add to knowledge base.
• Conduct software sales demonstrations.
• Teach online classes covering the basics of our software.
• Process invoices, purchase orders and payments, and follow up on late payments.
• Conduct software testing and record results. Some testing will be following specific test steps, and some will be self-directed, attempting to uncover any bugs or issues.
• Evaluate software based on client needs and recommend improvements.
• Participate in software validation and release activities.
• Keep track of current released versions and files for distribution to clients.
• Maintain documentation of specific defects, fixes, and other changes in each build.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including the ability to compose business email with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
• Familiarity with a standard PC running Windows, Microsoft Office, and web applications.
• Comfortable working with unfamiliar hardware and software.
• Touch typing.
• Two years’ experience in technical support, programming, troubleshooting, software testing, or related education.
• Knowledge of Windows networks, Persits AspEmail, MS Access, SQL Server, ODBC, IIS, Azure, Citrix, Active Directory, and/or Classic .asp.
The successful candidate will be
• Willing to ask for help when needed.
• Interested in learning.
• Organized and able to work quickly and efficiently.
• Positive, friendly and supportive when dealing with clients.
• Interested in long-term part-time employment.
We are a very small company. We operate from a home office in North Park. The office space is shared with a dog and two cats. The employee will need to come in to the office to work closely with the team and learn how to respond to inquiries and issues. This position is NOT suitable for a remote-only employee.
$18 per hour, 30 hours per week (can be adjusted to 20 or 25 if needed). Morning hours with some flexibility.
Please send resume in .pdf format. No calls, please.
Posted November 13th, 2019
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities