compensation: This is a full-time position available on contract at a hourly rate commensurate with qualifications and background ($55 - $85/hour).
QR Code Link to This Post
Seeking a Senior Python Software Engineer for Financial Application. You will be developing back-end and Web API software to handle secured financial transactions in an MSSQL environment.
Since its founding in 1984, ExpresSoft, Inc. has pioneered the use of multi-platform techno-logies for mission-critical applications in the financial industry. We pride ourselves in the ability to understand the business and organizational needs of our clients and to provide clean, easy-to-use solutions that stand the test of time.
Candidates are expected to combine work-on-site with telecommuting. They must be a self-starter individuals with the capacity to handle rapid Agile development in a complex design environment. Previous experience is required.
• Designs, codes, tests, and implements back-end server and web API for web applications;
• Accurately estimates project timelines and communicates status updates to management;
• Work independently as well as part of a team;
• Add features/functionality within existing requirements;
Skills and Requirements:
• Fluency in functional and procedural programming in Python, as well as object-based programming;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Background in financial applications is preferred including accounting transactions;
• Test-driven development;
• Positive attitude with and eagerness to learn new skills;
• Ability to communicate efficiently internally and with external customers and/or vendors.
Education and Qualifications:
• BS in Computer Science or related field preferred -- or work experience
• 5 years experience with Python programming in a business environment
• Experience with MSSQL systems and SSMS is preferred or other relationship databases.
• Experience with document-oriented database (using XML fields for example) is preferred.
• Experience with modern revision control systems such as Git.
• Principals only, no third parties or recruiters please;
• Must live in San Diego area and be available for on-site meetings;
• Must provide Windows 10 environment to work remotely;
• Open to US citizens, Permanent Residents and EAD holders.
This is a full-time position available on contract at a hourly rate commensurate with qualifications and background ($55 - $85/hour).
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers