Join the team of San Diego's Oldest Children's Non-Profit!
Do you want to help protect the joy of childhood, prevent emotional suffering, and incite change? Are you looking for a meaningful and rewarding career that will give you a strong sense of purpose? Do you want to make a lasting difference in a child and family's life?
JOB SUMMARY - BUDGET AND FINANCIAL ANALYST:
Responsible for the analysis of monthly program financial statement analysis compared to Operating Budget, County Budgets, performance targets to determine the accuracy of revenues, billings, collection, and revenue recovery activities. Required to review monthly financial results and address unusual fluctuations and variances year over year and compared to budgets. Responsible for all aspects of Revenue, Billing, Collection, and Revenue Recovery including, but not limited to, detailed knowledge and application of non-public school contracts, county reimbursement contracts, MHSA, EPSDT, First Five Commission, and group home residential contracts. Responsible for detailed understanding of OMB Circulars A-122 and A-133 and the application of direct and indirect costs to various programs.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or related majors.
• Minimum four years of experience in accounts receivable, fiscal analysis, revenue recognition, indirect cost allocation, and contract management.
• An understanding of accounting principles, revenue recognition, contractual requirements, OMB circulars, and related accounting pronouncements that govern non-profit organizations.
• An understanding of IRS Form 990 as it relates to donor tracking, revenue recordation, and other federal and state tax requirements related to revenue for a non-profit organization.
• An understanding revenue streams such a federal, state, and counting funding sources, taxing sources, etc.