GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Sr. Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the Agency’s accounting activities. The position is primarily responsible for maintaining the GL, facilitating monthly and annual close procedures, reviewing and/or completing AP transactions, balance sheet reconciliations, and bi-weekly payroll imports
QR Code Link to This Post
- Maintains accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Assists Controller in monthly closing process to ensure agency management and Board Committees have accurate financial reports as scheduled.
- Act as backup for payroll processing following established guidelines.
- Review and post adjusting entries and reclass entries.
- Review, approve and post payroll journal entries prepared by other accounting staff. Act as back-up preparer with review, approval and posting, provided by alternate accounting staff.
Please visit www.ecscalifornia.org to review complete job description.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business or equivalent experience. Seven or more years’ accounting experience.
2. Intermediate Excel skills and experience with Abila Fund Accounting (MIP) software is preferred.
3. Fund accounting knowledge and experience working in a non-profit organization is preferred.
Ability to pass a physical examination, tuberculin skin test and drug/alcohol screening. Fingerprint clearance and criminal check required. Verification of current driver’s license and automobile insurance required for personal car usage.